OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
1. Start with a 6-12 months training at our research facilities in Germany, where you gain insight into BASF's methods and tools and start to set up your personal network in the R&D community.
2. Afterwards you will continue your research activities within our Asian international research teams in Shanghai, China.
3. This job offers a challenging work environment and "on-the-job" training as part of a committed team and excellent career opportunities in an international company.
1. Lead, motivate and develop a laboratory team.
2. Manage and supervise polymer related R&D projects.
3. Present and document research results, observe and evaluate scientific trends.
4. Transfer new products into the market and thus contribute to the overall business success in close cooperation with our international teams from R&D, marketing, sales and production.
1. Ph.D. candidates in chemistry with focus on organic synthesis, polymer chemistry or material science.
2. Research experience abroad is an asset.
3. Be comfortable working in an international and interdisciplinary team, be keen to expand your area of expertise.
4. Excellent communication skills as well as English in spoken and written form.
5. Be a proactive team player, show initiative and creativity.