We have an immediate postdoc position in the general field of Cellular Bioengineering and Therapeutics under the supervision of Dr. Minglin Ma at Cornell University. The Ma research group consists of an interdisciplinary team of chemists, material scientists and bioengineers, and is focusing on developing cellular therapies for type 1 diabetes treatment and other diseases. Please see http://malab.bee.cornell.edu/ for more information.
Candidates with one or more of the following backgrounds are desired:
• Immunology, especially in controlling foreign body response of implants/biomaterials.
• Research in diabetes, especially cell therapy using islets.
• Soft robots.
• Cellular bioengineering.
• Polymers and biomaterials.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Help develop new cellular approaches for therapeutic and biomanufacturing applications.
• Publish research articles in relevant peer-reviewed journals and present results at scientific meetings.
• Assist the PI to develop proposals to secure external funding for research projects.
• Develop additional projects building on the strengths, interests, and expertise of the candidate.
If you are interested in applying to join our team, please email cover letter, CV and representative publications to Dr. Minglin Ma (email@example.com) and Dr. Wanjun Liu (firstname.lastname@example.org). Applications will be reviewed immediately.
Cornell University is an innovative Ivy League university located in the beautiful Finger Lake region and a great place to work. Our inclusive community of scholars, students and staff impart an uncommon sense of larger purpose and contribute creative ideas to further the university’s mission of teaching, discovery and engagement.